AWS CLI Configuration
In this step, we will generate an IAM user access key and secret access key to use in configuration for the AWS CLI.
- From IAM service interface click Users.
- Click *Add users
- Name the user aws-cli.
- Click Programmatic access, our user only uses it for AWS CLI, so there is no need to log in to the management console.
- Click Next: Permissions.
- Click Attach existing policies directly.
- Click on Administrator Access.
- Click Next: Tags.
Click Next: Review. then click Create User.
Click Download .csv to download the csv file containing access information and secret access key.
- Back on our Build Instance run sudo aws configure command to proceed with CLI configuration.
- Configure Region and format information as shown below. Note to use the access key and secret access key from the csv file you downloaded.
- The next step is to install Docker to start building the image.